2x2 Repeated Measures ANOVA

Hi Everyone!

I am working on a 2x2 repeated measures ANOVA and I am having trouble finding much information about it. Basically I taught the same group of 25 children words using 4 different flashcard methods that varied by the number of times they saw each word (high vs low) and the percentage of words included that were new (high vs. low).

I figured out the analysis ok using repeated measures on SPSS, but I am not sure about the assumptions I need to consider. Specifically, do I need to discuss compound symmetry/sphericity? At first I didn't think so because there are only 2 levels of each factor. However, overall there are four groups, so compound symmetry may play a role. So, stats people out there what do you think??

Thanks very much for any help you can offer. :)

E

elnaz

Hello
your work is true , yes, you should do reapeted measure,
you should go Analyze/General linear modal/ reapeted measure
ofcoarse before it you should enter your data to correct way
you should attend that you have 8 column in SPSS,
for working with SPSS you can use of this book : SPSS for windows Made Simple Release 1
i hope you will be succeed

Thanks for your response Elnaz. However, I am still uncertain about whether I need to consider the sphericity assumption. Also, I don't think I explained my situation very well. I have a 2x2 repeated measures ANOVA with two levels of each factor (thus four groups of data in total). I am not sure whether I need to look at the sphericity assumption because I measured the DV 4 times for each subject or whether it does not need to be considered because each of my factors has only 2 levels.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

E

elnaz

Hello
the first you should attend to this output : Mauchly's test of Sphericity
and you should see its sig if was meaningful then you should see usual F otherwise you should see sphericity assumed.
i hope you will be succeed.