Almost done with assignment but . . .

Need some help on the final steps.

Multipart assignment and I am down to last three steps but am on last two.

Parts are

7. Calculate t-values corresponding to the parameters of the five-variable regression model using Excel output. (20 points)

8. Test for statistical significance of each individual coefficient using t-test and p-values with the 5 step process discussed in class. Interpret the results of standard hypothesis test. (60 points)

9. Test for statistical significance of all the parameters in the five variable model (F-test). (20 points)

I have all the data from the excel output and know that ^b1 = X variable 1 etc . . . which satisfies question # 7.

On numbers 8 and 9 I am not sure how to test for the significance using the t-test and f-test. The columns form the output are Coefficients, Standard Error, t stat, p-value, Lower 95%, Upper 95% and looks like Lower 95.0% (Printout cut off text)

Oh and the steps we were given in class make sense to me up until step 3.

1) Ho = 0
H1 does not equal zero

2) T* = ^b1-0/SE(^b1)

3) Alpha = 0 TC

4)T* greater than or = TC Reject Ho

5) Conclusion

Where do I find the TC (T critical) value?

And if the value T* > TC then what is the conclusion?

THANK YOU!!! :D

Ah -- that's the easy part: you should find a table of critical values in the back of your stats book (I suppose you can find them online as well). You'll need your alpha level (e.g., .05, .01, .001) and the degrees of freedom (df).

-e

Need some help on the final steps.

Multipart assignment and I am down to last three steps but am on last two.

Parts are

7. Calculate t-values corresponding to the parameters of the five-variable regression model using Excel output. (20 points)

8. Test for statistical significance of each individual coefficient using t-test and p-values with the 5 step process discussed in class. Interpret the results of standard hypothesis test. (60 points)

9. Test for statistical significance of all the parameters in the five variable model (F-test). (20 points)

I have all the data from the excel output and know that ^b1 = X variable 1 etc . . . which satisfies question # 7.

On numbers 8 and 9 I am not sure how to test for the significance using the t-test and f-test. The columns form the output are Coefficients, Standard Error, t stat, p-value, Lower 95%, Upper 95% and looks like Lower 95.0% (Printout cut off text)

Oh and the steps we were given in class make sense to me up until step 3.

1) Ho = 0
H1 does not equal zero

2) T* = ^b1-0/SE(^b1)

3) Alpha = 0 TC

4)T* greater than or = TC Reject Ho

5) Conclusion

Where do I find the TC (T critical) value?

And if the value T* > TC then what is the conclusion?

THANK YOU!!! :D