American Horror Story

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Does anybody here watch American Horror Story? I just finished the first season on Netflix and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Does anybody here watch American Horror Story? I just finished the first season on Netflix and enjoyed it quite a bit.
I've been watching since Season 1 and It is easily one of my favorite series. Right now Season 3 is about to wrap up, which has been really good. Jessica Lange just kills it for me.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Jessica Lange just kills it for me.
Oh hell yeah she does. My wife and I both agreed that in terms of acting she definitely owned this season. I can't wait to start season 2. Kelley and I probably won't start it until sometime next week. I hear it gets better with each season which is awesome to hear since season 1 was pretty amazing.

spunky

Doesn't actually exist
better than Breaking Bad?

i kinda wanna watch it because Zachary Quinto is in it... although i have no idea of what role he plays.

is it super scary that American Horror Story thingy?

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I'm in the middle of season 2 right now. So far for me season 2 hasn't been as scary/creepy as season 1 but it's still be awesome. I only watched a few episodes of Breaking Bad. I thought it was good but Kelley wanted to stop watching after the bathtub scene...

@spunky - the story is different for each season so each actor/actress plays a different character each season. For example Zachary Quinto plays a gay houseowner that was murdered in the first season and he plays a psychiatrist (and more) in the second season.

It's definitely scarier than your typical tv show. Kelley doesn't like watching horror movies too often; we watched the pilot of AHS together though and afterward she said "nope - not gonna watch that ever again". Then the next day she was like "buuuuuuut I reallllly want to know what happens next". So my wife that is incredibly easy to scare thinks it's worth it to watch the scary stuff because it's just. that. good.

Just finished season 3 of AHS, and while this season wasn't necessairly scary (though gory at times), it was very solid in terms of acting and dialog. Power house performances by Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett and Jessica Lange. I hear the former have been invited back for season 4 and also season 4 may be Jessica Lange's last season.

In regards to True Detective, I've heard so many good things about it and I'm generally a fan of Woody Harrelson. I have the first few eps downloaded but just can't find the time to watch them yet :mad:

spunky

Doesn't actually exist
In regards to True Detective, I've heard so many good things about it and I'm generally a fan of Woody Harrelson. I have the first few eps downloaded but just can't find the time to watch them yet :mad:
omg this is also SUCH.A.GOOD.SHOW... it's only been a few episodes but OMG the narrative is AMAZING!

Is it good, though? Cuz I was a devout follower until Jessica Lange left. AHS-hotel with Lady GaGa just didn't do it for me :/
The series definitely misses her but I feel it can stand on its own legs without her. Kathy Bates, Angela Basset, GaGa and a few other 'new' regulars keeps it fresh.

AHS Apocalypse is looking really good so far...The guy playing Michael Langdon is from American Crime Story (Cody Fern) and is such a great fit and really stealing the spot light.

The series definitely misses her but I feel it can stand on its own legs without her. Kathy Bates, Angela Basset, GaGa and a few other 'new' regulars keeps it fresh.

AHS Apocalypse is looking really good so far...The guy playing Michael Langdon is from American Crime Story (Cody Fern) and is such a great fit and really stealing the spot light.
That's so true. Ryan Murphy did a fantastic job hiring Cody Fern to play Michael Langdon. He even has Constance-like demeanor. Brilliant actor :D

Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson are still in AHS. Can't be AHS without these two.

Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett should be staples of AHS now. Frances Conroy too she was amazing as Myrtle Snow.

That's so true. Ryan Murphy did a fantastic job hiring Cody Fern to play Michael Langdon. He even has Constance-like demeanor. Brilliant actor :D

Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson are still in AHS. Can't be AHS without these two.

Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett should be staples of AHS now. Frances Conroy too she was amazing as Myrtle Snow.
I cannot wait for the cross over this season. Season 3 ended up being (and still is) my all time favorite!!