An IRC Channel

I was thinking more a long the lines of possibly integrating one on site.

For example, www.purplesurge.com is a gaming site, and while you can connect to their IRC Channel via an IRC Client, they also have a Java-enabled IRC Client that allows users to connect with little to no hassle.

I would be up for a place that we could hang, answer questions and perhaps even to get to know some of you more frequents (pun not intended :p) more personally.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
There actually is a chatbox implemented currently. However, you need at least 120 posts to be able to see it (quark has his reasons for doing this).

I don't know exactly how hard it would be create multiple channels in that chatbox though where some of the channels have some sort of requirement (120+ posts) to be able to access it.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Like I said there is a chatbox but you need a certain number of posts to see it. Keep up the good fight and keep asking for it - quark might add another channel that allows newer users access. If you just want an IRC channel go for it - make one and advertise it here. I'd probably stop in every now and then.

While I'm here I might as well move this to the Forum Feedback section...

spunky

Smelly poop man with doo doo pants.
uhm... didn't we conclude last time we had an open chatbox that it ended up not being a very good idea?

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I still don't see why it would be so bad to have different channels - we could have the chatbox as it is currently on a "TS contributor" channel and then another channel that you need like ... 10 posts to gain access to. I wouldn't want to have it be completely open because that would make it too easy for spammers but I still wouldn't mind having one that's easier to access.

Jake

Cookie Scientist
A multi-channel situation sounds great to me, although I'm not sure how technically feasible it is within the current "chatbox" application, which seems rather primitive.