Answer my personality test!

spunky

Doesn't actually exist
Ok, it is not *mine* as in "OMG i'm a genius because i created this". it's the Myers-Briggs personality inventory. It is better known as the "What's your (psychological) zodiac sign?" in terms of very few people in academia take it seriously but it is like ridiculously popular.

another thread in a different message board prompted a very interesting debate in terms of the results that came out from it, so i'd like to see whether those results reproduce here.

be amazed! surprise your friends! take the Myers-Briggs test!

PRESS HERE TO TAKE THE TEST

and don't forget to come back and report which four letters you got! :D

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
on 1 condition I will give the test... you give an IQ test spunky :D

besides, why the answers don't include "i don't know" or "NA"? I want my money back! :D

tmp post
Such insight. Or something. \end{vaguelyMaskingConvertingVicsPostToForeverPost}

TheEcologist

Global Moderator
Me too.

INTP
Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(88%) Thinking(38%) Perceiving(22)%

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
You have strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (88%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
INTJ
Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(88%) Judging(78%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
  • You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
  • You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (78%)
You have to remember your sample, we are the introverts that are outgoing enough to communicate with you on the world wide web.

TheEcologist

Global Moderator
Ok, it is not *mine* as in "OMG i'm a genius because i created this". it's the Myers-Briggs personality inventory. It is better known as the "What's your (psychological) zodiac sign?" in terms of very few people in academia take it seriously but it is like ridiculously popular.

another thread in a different message board prompted a very interesting debate in terms of the results that came out from it, so i'd like to see whether those results reproduce here.

be amazed! surprise your friends! take the Myers-Briggs test!

PRESS HERE TO TAKE THE TEST

and don't forget to come back and report which four letters you got! :D

Hee Spunky how about making a bots - raptors alignment test? Sensu--> http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/Style/crewman/what-is-your-alignment/

spunky

Doesn't actually exist
OMG! thank you guys!!! i'm close to compiling results...

... BUT WE NEED MOORE DATA! MOOORE DATA!

c'mon people, it's just a few questions... we need more answers! :D

I have taken this test previously (more than once), and always get INTJ.

Introvert(56%) iNtuitive(75%) Thinking(25%) Judging(89%)
•You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
•You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
•You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
•You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (89%)

But I do find it interesting that so many of us are INTJ. It is the third least-common result, according to the Myers-Briggs folks, at only 2.1% of the population. Only INFJ and ENTJ are less common. INTP is also fairly uncommon at 3.3% of the population.

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/my-mbti-results/how-frequent-is-my-type.asp

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
INTJ
Introvert(56%) iNtuitive(88%) Thinking(19%) Judging(56%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
You have strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (88%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (19%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I'm convinced - TS members constitute a perfectly representative sample of the larger population as a whole.

spunky

Doesn't actually exist
thank you peepz! i'm just trying to see whether or not the results from other forum boards i'm a member of would reproduce here... which happens to be the case.

apparently, internet forum boards geared towards academic interests tend to be populated by IN-folks, with a heavy sway towards INTJ.

now someone write that up with fancier wording and publish this revolutionary, absolutely ground-breaking finding!

(and thanks everyone for taking me seriously and replying to it! at least now you know your Myers-Briggs type and, if you did know it already, you can see whether or not it is stable over time :D)

noetsi

Fortran must die
You can see if your personality is stable over time or the test measurement of your personality? Your personality could change or the test results could or both...