Beginner Question- MANOVA error in R

Hi,
I have repeatedly tried to conduct a MANOVA in R but my output keeps returning "no error degrees of freedom". I have three plots each with multiple sample sites, with each sample site sampled 3 times (over 3years). I wish to compare the plots with each but also for differences in each plot over the three years. I have data which consists of just scores and data on species abundance. For this I have just been using the data which consists of just scores. I have conducted MANOVA on other datasets and it has worked fine but I can't figure out what I have done wrong here? Apologies if this is a stupid question but I am an absolute beginner and trying to figure this all out for myself!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
It's not perfectly clear to me what your design is but it just sounds like you don't have enough data to fit the model you want to fit.

Sorry, I have around 56 sites from 3 different plots each with 3 scores (2010,2011,2012). I thought I had just formatted my data incorrectly but I have tried it a number of ways to no avail. I want to see if there is significant difference between my three plots (by combining data from each sample site within the plots for each year) and I also want to see if there has been a significant change in each individual plot over the three years (which I have done a basic t-test comparing 2010-2011, 2010-2012 etc but I was unsure if this was a correct way to approach it). Thank you for your reply, hope I've made my question a bit clearer!

Dear,

Your experiment is realy good. Do you like to compare the abundance with different factors (temperatura, salinity or between treats) again the time (years)?