Beginners question. Study design. Statistical methods

Hi everyone. I´m a beginner and looking for some help regarding statistical methods and study design. I´m working with a epidemiological retrospective study where I investigate patients in a 10 years period who are developing a certain complication following a certain operation. Every patient are registered with different attributes (independent variables) which should be analysed as risk factors and weighted and presented as potiental risk for complication.

I need help with which statistical method I should use? Multivariate analysis?
Power calculation?
Presentation of data?

Karabiner

TS Contributor
I need help with which statistical method I should use? Multivariate analysis?
You have only one end point (dependent variable), as it seems. You did not exactely describe what it is, though.
So it's rather some multiple regression, I suppose (Cox, or linear, or logistic regression maybe).
Power calculation?
What for?
Presentation of data?
Probably.

With kind regards

Karabiner

You have only one end point (dependent variable), as it seems. You did not exactely describe what it is, though.
So it's rather some multiple regression, I suppose (Cox, or linear, or logistic regression maybe).

What for?

Probably.

With kind regards

Karabiner
Thanks for your reply. More details:

Primary outcome (end point) is the event of a certain operation following the primary (index) operation. Time span is 10 years. This will be presented on a graph with time on x-axis and risk on y-axis.

The next step is to analyze the independent (risk) variables (about 20-30 both numerical and catergorical) in the affected patients, to see if there are any significant risk factors (for re-operation). This will be presented in a table or (odds ratio?). Here i´m a bit worried that the ratio between independent variables (20-30) and number of patients (200) will need som kind of power calculation?

Very thankful for more tips, and litterature or examples that relates to the above.