Best concentration for M.S. in statistics?

Hello all,

I recently began coursework on my M.S. in statistics degree. At my university, there are multiple concentrations available for each degree (so that I would get an M.S. in statistics with a concentration in X). I am almost at the point where I will need to commit to one path and am still torn between applied statistics and biostatistics.

On the one hand, there seem to be more job opportunities, just from my casual searches, for biostatistics, so it might be the prudent way to go. On the other hand, I don't have any real background in biology (which may well go hand in hand with it, since presumably most of what I'd be doing would be medical research), and I don't want to pidgeon-hole myself in one subfield of statistics. So applied statistics sounds more versatile and the skillset would probably encompass biostatistical applications, but I wonder if the skillset is almost too broad to be useful. "Jack of all trades, master of none" and all. Can anyone with more experience than me weigh in?