Bias

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
This can't be the full question presented to you. Please post the exact question and any relevant contextual information.

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
I am not totally convinced that is the exact problem. It reads weird. Also, you have not provided any context. Is it from a linear regression or say a causal inference course? What textbook are you using? What does the problem before and after this one look like?

If bias (B) in terms of σ is 1.5 (i.e B/σ=1.5) find the total error.

sigma = 1.5
?/1.5 = 1.5, so bias equals 1 per algebra. Until more information is provided, that is the best I can do.

Sum

I am not totally convinced that is the exact problem. It reads weird. Also, you have not provided any context. Is it from a linear regression or say a causal inference course? What textbook are you using? What does the problem before and after this one look like?

If bias (B) in terms of σ is 1.5 (i.e B/σ=1.5) find the total error.

sigma = 1.5
?/1.5 = 1.5, so bias equals 1 per algebra. Until more information is provided, that is the best I can do.
Thanks for your time.
This was an assignment question given to me. No further context or clues given. Reading literature on the topic for days without finding a clue. Thanks for spending ur valuable time.