Calculate a normal distribution

I have a set of items (say, 8000 balloons) each characterised by its pressure to start to inflate.
Given the range of pressures (say 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35) and the standard deviation SD=3. I want to determine the distribution of balloons against the given pressures. The distribution is Gaussian with mean being the midpoint of the pressure range. The question is how do I determine the number of balloons associated with each pressure ?

JohnM

TS Contributor
You can use the normal distribution tables to determine what % of balloons will fall in particular ranges if you know the mean and standard deviation of the distribution.

You can use the normal distribution tables to determine what % of balloons will fall in particular ranges if you know the mean and standard deviation of the distribution.
Thanks for your reply
I am looking for how to calculate the number of balloons for each one of the pressures belonging to the input range of pressures.
The code (in Matlab programming) I wish to write should receive the range of Pressures and Nballoons (total number of balloons) and generate the distribution (Gaussian) of the %Nballoons (fraction of balloons) for each pressure.

Last edited: