Critical literature review- lost to how to analyize data from many different sources

Critical literature review- choose a topic, select many papers (30-50), extract data from papers and critically analyze to determine the overall results of all literature.

I have around 50 papers for my topic. All have been analyzed in different ways, different stats, methods...I have to combine all this information and come up with a way to analyze everything as one.

Would a meta-analysis be sufficient?

I am confused on where to even begin, looking for thoughts, ideas, suggestions. Thanks.

Re: Critical literature review- lost to how to analyize data from many different sour

I am confused on where to even begin, looking for thoughts, ideas, suggestions.
If you are not already expert in the field of interest (and I assume you are not by the above line), why do you want to write a "critical literature review" on it? Even simple literature reviews are written by experts with quite some experience in the field.

noetsi

No cake for spunky
Re: Critical literature review- lost to how to analyize data from many different sour

There are two general approaches I have seen. One is a meta analysis. The second, nearly always done by recognized experts, is a reveiw and synthesis of the existing literature. Essentially saying what the state of the art and understanding of the field was at a given point, what had been achieved, and what still needed to be done.