Deriving the Regression Model when E (u | x ) = 1 + + 2x

Is the question, I'm not sure how to do it. I understand the concept of what its trying to have me prove that u doesn't depend on x, but I don't understand how to solve it.

Any help you can give is appreciated.

Thanks!

I tried to write a long response about what I know, realized it didn't make sense, so I think it'll be easier to just say no... I don't understand how you can variance and co variance to prove E(u) = 0 because I think E (u) = variance / covariance?

Thanks for your help.

In other interesting trivia, my cousin teaches at Ames...

Last edited:

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
... I don't understand how you can variance and co variance to prove E(u) = 0 because I think E (u) = variance / covariance?
Why are you trying to show that E(u) = 0? You aren't trying to show that you don't need to. I was just asking that in the case where you know that E(u|x) = 0 can you derive the estimates for \(\beta_0, \beta_1\)? If that's the case then one little hint should get you going. I don't quite understand why you're talking about variance and covariance when you're discussing E(u) though. I think you might be confused about some issue there.
In other interesting trivia, my cousin teaches at Ames...
Oh yeah? Are they a grad student or an actual professor? ... Do they teach stats?

Why are you trying to show that E(u) = 0? You aren't trying to show that you don't need to. I was just asking that in the case where you know that E(u|x) = 0 can you derive the estimates for \(\beta_0, \beta_1\)? If that's the case then one little hint should get you going. I don't quite understand why you're talking about variance and covariance when you're discussing E(u) though. I think you might be confused about some issue there.

Oh yeah? Are they a grad student or an actual professor? ... Do they teach stats?
I went through and figured it out, turns out, I'm an idiot at stats....

Prof, both my cousins are... One does some work w/ global warming glaciers and the other teaches Ornithology.