Descriptive research and regression analysis?

Please pardon my ignorance...can I use multiple regression analysis in a descriptive research design to answer my hypotheses? If not, can anyone suggest a viable quantitative research approach to use with multiple regression analysis?

Thanks so much!

Thanks for responding Dason! Here are my hypotheses:

1) The relationship between Number of Years (teaching) Experience and Attitudes Toward Inclusion will be positive.

2) The relationship between Number of Staff Development Training Hours and Attitudes Toward Inclusion will be positive.

3) The relationship between Education Level and Attitudes Toward Inclusion will be positive.

Does this help?

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Hmm. Then there a few things that you'll want to consider. If those are the questions you're wanting to ask then you might just want to look at correlations. That's essentially the same thing as doing a simple linear regression for each variable. The reason I say this is that even if you did a simple linear regression for each of the variables, after you combine everything into a multiple regression it's possible that some slopes won't be significant and/or will actually be negative once you account for the other variables. They're fundamentally different ideas.

Ok. I am using a survey and questionnaire in my study. I was advised that a multiple regression analysis would be the best statistical measure to answer these hypotheses...basically, what I'm trying to determine the best research design/approach to use for my study. So, are you saying that a correlational design would be the best fit? If I choose a correlational design, could I still use descriptive statistics to present demographic information on the participants?