Dice Rolls and the Environment

So, I am an AP Stats student and our teacher just explained that dice rolls that hit something are not going to produce uniform results when you include dice rolls that hit an object or land on the floor because these change the outcome of the roll. Now, I trust her, as our school produces some of the best AP Stats Board scores in the country, all under her tutelage. But everything I have learned about probability until now tells me that this is incorrect. That hitting a book or the dice falling off the table just produces a random result, like anything else. It seems logical (to me) that a die CAN'T have its results "changed" because that would imply a predetermined outcome. That the slightest groove in the table that changes the result from what it would have become had it not hit the groove, would produce an equally valid and random result. And I tend to trust my instinctual answer over what I am told when it comes to logical deductions, as I have thought my way through some complex ideas. (A pastime of mine is to think through questions in science, such as warp and time travel, and gravity and how it relates to time and the 4th dimension.)

So, with this background and my thoughts. What is the truth? Is it what my teacher said, or what I thought?

Your take on the situation is entirely correct: A fair die that strikes another object or falls off the table does not suddenly become biased. The fact is that hitting a book or falling off the table does not make the outcome of a given toss any more (or less) predictable, and is therefore wholly irrelevant.