Figuring which two test to use? please help.

Hi guys, I am a first year statistics students and I'm a bit shaky on the subject. Please help me with the question below. Thanks!

Question2

What two tests are available to test whether proportions of a particular variable are representative of a population?

Question 2

Is this the way the questions was worded exactly? The wording seems off.
Well I am like you, fairly new to stats, but like any subject I seem to maste with a level of confidence of 1.96= 95% (statistic joke). OK.
What I think the question is references too is are two methods of reaching a statistical inference:
a) Estimation
b) Hypothesis Testing

A. In estimation, a sample from a population is studied and an inference is made about the population based on the sample.

B. If we conclude "do not reject H0", this does not necessarily mean that the null hypothesis is true, only that there is insufficient evidence against H0 in favour of HA. Rejecting the null hypothesis suggests that the alternative hypothesis may be true.
In order to decide whether to accept or reject the null hypothesis, the level of significance (a) of the result is used (a = 0.05 or a = 0.01).
This allows us to state whether or not there is a "significant difference" (technical term!) between populations, i.e. whether any difference between populations is a matter of chance, e.g. due to experimental error, or so small as to be unimportant.

OR not.

Hi guys, I am a first year statistics students and I'm a bit shaky on the subject. Please help me with the question below. Thanks!

Question2

What two tests are available to test whether proportions of a particular variable are representative of a population?