Finding Old Posts

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Hi,

This is probably mainly for quark but we'll see. I was trying to figure out what the first post I made here was so I did a search for all of my posts. It only came up with 500 posts which I think we know is not *quite* enough. I was able to track down (probably) the first thread I started (in which I say "I'm a little new here") which was about implementing the off-topic board but I couldn't find any posts I made before then. Anybody know of a way to find them easily without manually going through the archives?

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Hey - I never said I was going to be the first to share a cookie recipe. I was just hoping to mooch some good recipes off of everybody else!

TheEcologist

Global Moderator
Ye seek to look upon the ancient posts of old? Ye must search the graveyard of posts long gone ( threads with no post younger than 12 months goes in the TS archives). Alas I know of no within forum way to search the graveyards.

It was once foretold that ye can visit the long dead posts of old by using the following google spell:
Code:
site:www.talkstats.com/archive "Dason" AND "06-05-2010"
Indeed, the Necromancer may know of a method superior, as he is wise in the ways of resurrection of long dead posts [Yet I do fear that by showing him the way to the post graveyard I have made a great - nay epic - mistake. Imagine an army of undead posts! :p]

- edit -

I have since yet quested for your first post, while searching the netherworlds, the spirits of long dead threads assured me that, this is your first post Dason

Last edited:

BGM

TS Contributor
Also in the archive seemingly only the post after 2010 (new version of TS?) is left; or some old post before suddenly pushed recently.

TheEcologist

Global Moderator
It says "I already told you". So this be not the virgin post of Dason.
Aah, good catch trinker, I suspect that this likely because the date format is then not ISO day-month-year (as I posted above looking for Dasons' first post in May 2010) but US month-day-year. The google search should be adapted accordingly, and should work.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
With that in mind the oldest Dason post I can find is the one on his join date:
http://www.talkstats.com/showthread...tion-for-Exam-P!?p=32412&viewfull=1#post32412

query;

Code:
site:www.talkstats.com/archive "Dason" AND "05-30-2010"
BTW there is a setting "Default Thread Age Cut Off" which can be set to "show all posts". This extend the view of my posts to 2009, but this is again limited to 500 search listings.
I was looking through this thread this morning and noticed the same thing Trinker did. The post you link to is my best guess to what my first post was as well. Thanks for the google search tip.

BGM

TS Contributor
Yes Thank you for point out the google search stuff. Previously I also try to search from google but was too stupid and do not know how to set those keywords for searching. Also find out my first post right now :eek::tup:

And suddenly recognize that Dason join TS on 2010 :eek: