Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Nothing! I was watching a movie with my wife. And I'll actually be going to bed soon. But there are others on the site. The chatbox is at least semi-active at the moment (but you don't get access to that until you have 120 posts...)

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Well whenever you run into troubles feel free to post them here. R questions get a lot of love here. And we don't get too many latex questions but I'd be glad to help out in any way I could with it.

Publishing research takes time and a lot of patience.

I don't usually do this, but to generate some motivation here's an article I recently published in Journal of Probability and Statistics.

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jps/2011/497463/
wow, it is awesome that your building is called the Wham building.

research does take time and it is hard. Writing things clearly is hard.
Usually when I sit down to do things I have a total block, but then I
go to make a cup of tea or something and have an idea. Moral: make
lots of tea.

I used live life with the attitude of "Screw my future self. That guy is probably an asshole. I'm gonna do whatever I want right now and let him deal with it." However, now I'm starting to think it really was my past self that was the asshole.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Just a post here to remind people that thread exists. If for some reason you wanted to get in a post to activate a certain other privilege *cough cough* you could post about how horrible raptors are in here!

Jake

Cookie Scientist
Random/fleeting thought: the Chatbox is not working for me. I can view the new messages and so assume that it is working for others, but I have no text input box, and it's also doing that weird thing where the header bar is in French.

This happening to anyone else right now?

I have been on this forum for sometime now, but still have not figured out how to keep track of posts to which i have replied and there are more responses after that. Can somebody help me.
Thanks

CowboyBear

Super Moderator
I have been on this forum for sometime now, but still have not figured out how to keep track of posts to which i have replied and there are more responses after that. Can somebody help me.
Thanks
Try Settings (top right) > General Settings > Messaging and Notification subsection > Default Thread Subscription Mode. There are a few options for how to get notifications about new posts on threads you've participated in. Alternatively, if you use the "Go Advanced" option when replying, the "subscription" setting allows you to modify how/whether you're notified.

HTH :)

If one subscribes to the threads to which they've posted a reply (automatic subscription is a setting in the user's control panel), then the menu item Quick Links -> Subscribed Threads (top nav bar) will bring up a page with a link table of their participating threads. Of course, the link table will contain other classes of threads to which they've subscribed.