Formatting in proc freq and proc sgplot

I want to format the numeric units in the frequency charts and graphs generated in proc freq and proc sgplot with commas so they can be more presentable (i.e., 1000 as 1,000). Can I use a format statement? Where would it go? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

hlsmith

Not a robit
If this is a one time deal, I would just insert the comma via editing. Formatting in SAS is a pain. Can you post your current output, so we have a better idea of what you are referring to. Thx.

1549522027980.png

This isn't my graph but let me use this illustration to explain my request. The Frequency is on the y-axis. In my case, the unit intervals are in thousands so I want to format that axis with the values in the form of 1,000, 2,000, 3,000, 4,000, 5,000 et al with the comma. Since Frequency isn't a variable in the dataset, I can't use the format=comma10. statement. Let me know if you have a solution to this formatting issue.

In addition, I was able to use PROC TEMPLATE to modify the format for a one-way frequency table to include the comma in the numeric output but the PROC TEMPLATE did not work for the two-way frequency table. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

noetsi

Fortran must die
the simple answer is you can if you can find a format that supports what you want to do. In honesty, I do my graphs in excel not SAS- SAS is a lot harder for me to use to do graphs. I use graphs in SAS to do analysis, but when I report anything I use excel. I have tried to do various thing in SAS graphs with zero success (even basic stuff).

I prefer ODS graphs in any case....