Give your essentials/things you use while coding/doing homework

DV Man

Everyone has things they need/like to use while working with R, SPSS, SAS, Excel, etc. or just doing homework in general. I like (sometimes need)

• Kodiak Wintergreen dipping tobacco

• A silent room (from others talking), preferably not too large

• Some music, whether it be hip-hop or rock

When I don't have any dip (a rarity), I'll take a Diet Mtn. Dew or Diet Dr. Pepper (which I never seem to drink anymore :()

What about you guys?

hlsmith

Not a robit
I read a paper awhile back, which confirmed they are getting pretty good at taking the flesh off your neck and twisting it up so that they can cover your rebuilt face. Though a drawback from doing this was that you can get hair growing inside your mouth and on you tongue, because you are using neck flesh.

http://www.killthecan.org/facts-figures/cancer-pictures/

I currently don't have any coding rituals. Though, I am working on a project with some people from a West Coast University, which I have not met personally met, just communicate through a mutual acquaintance, and they move super slow and ask for small changes in the Output about every 5 months. About enough time for me to forget about what I was doing. I am doing these analyses pro bono because it is using genetic data and I haven't looked at gene interactions before. However, I got an email from them saying a different version of the variable should be used. So I had to redo a component, not a big deal on my end, but I am a little tired of the sporadic communications and small requests. Though the project is 98% finished. Point being, I had to close my office door, put on the Chili Peppers song from The Fighter, and drink half a cola (which I don't drink caffeine) to get up for the mundane task. I will do this if I need to trick myself into being interested in a redundant task.

DV Man

I read a paper awhile back, which confirmed they are getting pretty good at taking the flesh off your neck and twisting it up so that they can cover your rebuilt face. Though a drawback from doing this was that you can get hair growing inside your mouth and on you tongue, because you are using neck flesh.

http://www.killthecan.org/facts-figures/cancer-pictures/

I currently don't have any coding rituals. Though, I am working on a project with some people from a West Coast University, which I have not met personally met, just communicate through a mutual acquaintance, and they move super slow and ask for small changes in the Output about every 5 months. About enough time for me to forget about what I was doing. I am doing these analyses pro bono because it is using genetic data and I haven't looked at gene interactions before. However, I got an email from them saying a different version of the variable should be used. So I had to redo a component, not a big deal on my end, but I am a little tired of the sporadic communications and small requests. Though the project is 98% finished. Point being, I had to close my office door, put on the Chili Peppers song from The Fighter, and drink half a cola (which I don't drink caffeine) to get up for the mundane task. I will do this if I need to trick myself into being interested in a redundant task.
Oh joy- Fear and shock appeal!

http://www.tobaccoharmreduction.org/faq/healtheffectsofst.htm

"Contrary to popular belief, smokeless tobacco is not a major health hazard. In fact, it has not been definitively linked to any deadly disease. More important, to the extent that it causes any risks, the scientific evidence clearly shows that the risks are very small (See Lee & Hamling 2009)."