Having trouble trying to decided which statistical analysis to use.

I'm writing a paper about Birth Order and Big 5 Personality test. I have Birth order in one column separated as 1= first borns and 2= laterborns. Then I have Family size in a column coded as 1= small fam, 2= small fam, 3= small fam, 4=large fam, 5= large fam, 6=large fam, 7= large fam, 8= large fam, 9= large fam.

I'm trying to compare first borns to later borns in Conscientiousness, neuroticism, and extroversion.
And then later borns in large families vs. later borns in small families in Conscientiousness, neuroticism, and extroversion.
And again first borns in large families vs. first borns in small families in Conscientiousness, neuroticism, and extroversion.
Anything helps thanks!

Karabiner

TS Contributor
You could crate an additional variable for "family size" with (e.g.) code 1 for small families and code 2 for larger families. Then you can perform a 2x2 analysis of variance with "birth order" and the additional "family size" variable as factors.

Alternatively, you can use the orginal family size variable with values from 1 (there are families with 1 child and no parents involved? or is it just number of children in a family?) to 9 as continuous predictor, birth order as 0/1-coded dummy variable, and the interaction between those 2 variables, and perform a multiple regression analysis.

With kind regards

K.