Hello Everyone

Hello to all,

I am getting very enthusiastic about statistics. Not only as a way to make inference about a set of data but as way to structure the thoughts and create meaningful questions.

I have a long way to go but the more I read about statistics the more I want to know.

I am currently making my PhD in Plant sciences and have realised how important statistics are. Unfortunately I have done some experiments without considering how will analyse my data after I getting it so I am encountering some problems. I am digging into best ways to test my data for significant differences but I am having problems to define my experimental design and statistical method I should use. I know now how important is to plan the experiment for sound statistics!

I will address in this forum some of my problems and hope to get some suggestions from all of you.

Thank you all in advance!

Best,

Pablo

trinker

ggplot2orBust
Welcome aboard Pablo! Hope to have great discussions.

I am currently making my PhD in Plant sciences and have realised how important statistics are.
What are some of the stats classes you've taken this far?

I am digging into best ways to test my data for significant differences but I am having problems to define my experimental design and statistical method I should use. I know now how important is to plan the experiment for sound statistics!
You remind me of an often heard stats quote that's true:
Fisher said:
To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of."