Help- conditional log regression

I have developed a case-control study, matched 1:7. I addressed the conditional logistic regression analysis with COXREG (SPSS).
By using univariate analysis (McNamer/Wilcoxon), I found that there is no statistical difference between case and control groups (checked for one of my dichotomous independent variable).
When I used COXREG (in order to create consitional log regression in SPSS) and analysed the same independent variable (analysed alone in regression) - I realized there was a difference between case and control groups.
To sum up - I found a different statisticall significant while using univariate and COXREG (conditional log regression) analysis (for the same variable).
What could be my mistake?

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Both approach were bivariate (i.e., one dependent and independent variables)?

COXREG performs survival analysis in this case with time parameter included in the model?

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Well two more comments, did that link say that the approach is less than ideal for imbalanced cases to controls ratios?

Also, saying there is a difference based on 'significance' does not tell me anything. Is it 0.04 vs 0.05 or 0.04 vs 0.95. NHST has limitations and you should report effect estimates, not p-values.