Help w/ gadgets, pls

I am in a basic online stats course. So far, I am doing ok with figuring out how to do the hw. My problem is that I have been out of school for twenty years and I have no clue how to use excel or the TI-84 to do the work online. The book is Triola's Elementary Statistics 9th ed. He has stuff for the TI84 but for the life of me, I can't get the calculator to do what I want. I have read and reread, but am wandering around confused. Can anyone help me with either the use of Excel or the use of the TI? I can use either to turn in my work online.
Thanks for any assistance!
SandyShockey

JohnM

TS Contributor
I personally don't have a TI-84 calculator, but I've been using Excel for almost 15 years for stats - I could help point you in the right direction....are you struggling with Excel in general or just with solving some specific problems?

Hi John and Thank you. Can you tell me how to do a basic frequency distribution problem. I have worked it out on paper, and know that I did it correctly, but I am not to scan it in and email it but do it in Excel (Or on the TI, but that is even worse than Excel, I think). I don't have the first clue about where to start. I downloaded the info to excel. I deleted all the tables that I did not need. I went to "Countif" and "Count" but nothing I put worked. (Problem is weight of bears. 11 classes- starts at 0-49, 50-99, 100- 149, 150-199 etc to 500-549. There are varying frequencies to the different classes. Anything you can do to point me in the right direction will be a plus. Thanks again.