Help with correct statistical analysis?

I am conducting an audit into vitamin D deficiency in children.

I have the mean serum concentrations of vitamin D in specific areas (postcodes) as well as the percentages of individuals in those postcodes that hold a degree or professional qualification and would like to see if there is a correlation between the two.

I would also like to see if there is any correlation between mean serum vitamin D concentrations in a postcode and the percentage of the population that is non white.

I appreciate any help as my med school have been very unhelpful in this matter.

Thanks.

BRYAN.

Karabiner

TS Contributor
Do you also have individual data?

For aggregated data, you could perform correlation analyses (Pearson correlation and/or Spearman's rank correlation) between vitamin D level and percentages. Maybe you could include additional variables which culd help explain any (non-)associations found (confounding variables, moderators), but this depends on sample size (=number of areas included).

With kind regards

Karabiner

Do you also have individual data?

For aggregated data, you could perform correlation analyses (Pearson correlation and/or Spearman's rank correlation) between vitamin D level and percentages. Maybe you could include additional variables which culd help explain any (non-)associations found (confounding variables, moderators), but this depends on sample size (=number of areas included).

With kind regards

Karabiner
Hi unfortunately I only have means .

hlsmith

Omega Contributor
Can you provide an example of data you have? Ideally you would also control for postal codes next to each other (spatial correlation).