Help with data analysis for my thesis!

Hi everyone, I am seeking help with analyzing some of my data for my master thesis. My statistics background is really weak, so I am looking forward to hints, ideas, corrections and help.
Thank you so much for your time and help!

- I have a group of objects A and a group of objects B. Objects of the A family and of the B family can touch eachother in X different ways.

- Let's say the objects are in a fixed position in a box, and I have Y different kinds of boxes.

- For each box I summed the number of contacts between objects, classifying per type of contact. To normalize, I divided this value times tot of objects A found in the considered box.
Note: The Number of objects B is not countable, therefore I can only normalize by counting the objects A in a box or in a type of box.

- I calculated mean, standard deviation and standard error of those "normalized values" for each type of contact in a type of box.
Example: In red box 1 I counted 5 contacts of type k, In red box 2 I counted 16 contacts of type k -> 5+16/2

- One way ANOVA to analyze variance between and within groups.

Thank you!

Karabiner

TS Contributor
- I have a group of objects A and a group of objects B. Objects of the A family and of the B family can touch eachother in X different ways.
Such abstractions are dangerous, since they often lack crucial information.

What is the actual topic of your research, what are the research questions? What are "objects A" and "B", and what does "can touch each other in X different ways" mean? What are your variables and how were they measured? And how large is your sample size?

With kind regards

Karabiner

Such abstractions are dangerous, since they often lack crucial information.

What is the actual topic of your research, what are the research questions? What are "objects A" and "B", and what does "can touch each other in X different ways" mean? What are your variables and how were they measured? And how large is your sample size?

With kind regards

Karabiner
Hi Karabiner,

thank you for your reply. I am a biologist. The objects are cells. The cells can touch eachother, interact, in 4 different ways. The different conditions are different development stages. I took pictures at the microscope of those cells and from each picture I counted the 4 types of interactions.