How should I analyse this?

Hi everyone,
I'm doing a project where a have a group of patients with a disease X and they will have different treatments overtime.
There are 4 drugs (A, B, C, D) that I am analysing. The outcome is measured in a scale from 1 to 5 (according to how controlled the symptoms are).
Each patient can have a combination of the drugs for a period (and an outcome for this period) and then change for another drug (with a different outcome).

Example:
Patient 1 was treated with drug A + B for 2 years with an outcome of 2. Then he was treated with drug D for 1 year with an outcome of 5.
Patient 2 was treated with drug B for 4 years with an outcome of 1.

How is the best way to analyse this study?

How can I consider time and outcome at the same analyses? Is there a way to take advantage of the fact that the same patient might undergo different treatments and have some kind of "paired" analyses?

Thank you very much.

Miner

TS Contributor
This appears to be a a type of repeated measures crossover study. I don't know whether the structure of your data will support it, but normally this would be analyzed using a repeated measures ANOVA.

This appears to be a a type of repeated measures crossover study. I don't know whether the structure of your data will support it, but normally this would be analyzed using a repeated measures ANOVA.
Thank you for the information.
I just don't understand how I would be able to use the time each patient were under a specific treatment if I used repeated measures ANOVA.
Since each patient can have a different combination of drugs for a different time, is it possible to use this test?

Miner

TS Contributor
That's why I said "I don't know whether the structure of your data will support it, ...". I take it that this was not run according to a specific design, but is a retrospective analysis of whatever data is available?

Miner

TS Contributor
That will make it trickier. It would probably be some type of regression analysis. Some of the others here may know of better approaches.