How to express the lack of statistical significance in Discussion.

Hi!
my manuscript has been accepted to review.
However, reviewers have some doubts about the next expression:
". Importantly, the lack of statistical significant difference in terms of pressure and pulse amplitude does not prove that such a difference exists, but it was not detected."

This assumption arises from the fact that we did not detect statistical different after comparing pressure and pulse amplitude between two groups.
Is this sentence incorrectly expressed? Do you know other better way to do it?
I would appreciate some examples.
Thank you very much in advance.

rogojel

TS Contributor
Hi,
I would definitely formulate the sentence in a more understandable way - using the effect size. Something like "with a confidence of 95% one can say that the effect is less then <effect size in the power calculation>" where less can also mean the effect to be zero :)

regards

Englund

TS Contributor
However, reviewers have some doubts about the next expression:
". Importantly, the lack of statistical significant difference in terms of pressure and pulse amplitude does not prove that such a difference exists, but it was not detected."
I think you're missing a not, as below.

Importantly, the lack of statistical significant difference in terms of pressure and pulse amplitude does not prove that such a difference does not exists, but it was not detected.

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
"It is important to mention that a failure to reject no association between pressure and pulse amplitude terms, as reported in the presented study sample, demonstrate no relationship; further corroborative research may need to be conducted to confirm generalizability to other varying or larger samples.