How's the new look?

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
It definitely looks more modern. And having the basic features working again is very nice. I can't seem to get math/tex tags working. Will those be added in the next few weeks?

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
Looking good so far.

C++:
#include <iostream>;

// I am disappointed there is no code language option for R
int main()
{
    return 0;
}
Spunky cannot make spaghetti

f = (x, y) => x + y // Inline codes, hmm :eek:

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
Is there a way to give sticky posts a different background color in the list? Sure, it has the little pin icon, but I have to scan a bunch of info to determine which threads are new and which are sticky and it would be way easier to be able to just mentally group slightly off colored threads as being the ones I can ignore 99% of the time.

hlsmith

Not a robit
Good work, I am sure it wasn't too easy. I will comment if I have questions or concerns . looking forward to additional options.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
So, we can make a reply to an individual post?

And also, thanks quark!
Yes. It's basically the same functionality that the "quote" button provided. You can also "reply" to multiple posts by clicking the reply button for each of the posts you want to reply to. It sounds obvious but when you click reply one might think that if you click a different reply it will override your current reply but instead it just adds it onto the bottom of your post.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
And it doesn't appear as if moderators have the power to edit anybody else's posts. So it looks like I won't get threatened with lawsuits over that... sad day.

spunky

Doesn't actually exist
And it doesn't appear as if moderators have the power to edit anybody else's posts. So it looks like I won't get threatened with lawsuits over that... sad day.
Wait! Have I lost my mod powers?!!?!? [I just add something in his post, greta :) ]

Last edited by a moderator:
The new look’s layout, theme and colour are great but I really do miss the ability to collapse the sub-forums (“Statistics Help”, “Statistical Research”, etc.) on the main index page.

Karabiner

TS Contributor
How can I open a closed thread? I'd like to edit and update the "statistics poetry" thread (in the "random chat" section), but cannot find a menue for opening/closing a thread.

With kind regards

Karabiner