i cant run a independent-samples T-Test

In my social stats class we are making our own data table. I can run every other test but a independent-sample T-Test. I have tired everything.
When I try, it comes out to say

Warnings
“the independent samples table is not produced.”

Group Statistics
*give nothing, but zeros*
under the box it says
“a. t cannot be computed because at least one of the groups is empty”

the teacher wont show me how to fix it, other students cannot figure it out. the data table is worth 400 points, please help.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Oh that's easy. Just in whatever software you're using (you never actually told us what you're using) just do the right thing.

That's about all I can say since we don't know what your data looks like, which software you're using, or what you actually did.

hlsmith

Not a robit
@jahnacaines - @Dason was a little abrupt there, but in honesty we have no idea what software and approach you tried. Many times it also helps to post the exact instructions the professor provided. I am imagining you are trying to conduct an independent two sample t-test, which is pretty simple to do given your data are formatted correctly and you run the right code or software options.

i am using SPSS software. i can do it in other data tables but not in my own. i know how to do it, something is wrong with my data table that i can not see. i can try to upload my data table on here.

hlsmith

Not a robit
Elaborate on this, "I can run every other test but a independent-sample".

What tests? Your error above reads as though you didn't provide a categorical variable, or they weren't defined.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Yeah. You'll have to do something. At the moment literally all your telling us is "something isn't working". There is nothing we can do to help unless you show your data or part of it and what you're doing and the actual error you get.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
What I should have started with was...

Hi! We are glad that you posted here! This looks like a homework question though. Our homework help policy can be found here. We mainly just want to see what you have tried so far and that you have put some effort into the problem. I would also suggest checking out this thread for some guidelines on smart posting behavior that can help you get answers that are better much more quickly.