I Need help with median and variance...

J

Js1&OnLY

::wave: hi every1 .. i need help with a biostatistics problem... well it was in spanish so i dont know if i made a good job translating but they are asking me for the variance, my question is what formula am i supposed to use random variables or probability distribution or a sample :

~ the followin given data corresponds to the number of persons in thousands, that go to a hospital with 9 visit in a year, picking them random. find the variance of the population that was use to take out the sample

8.8 21.3 7.9 12.5 20.6 16.3 14.1 13.0 14.0

i was gonna use the variance of population but then i got stuck with the median.. i just know how to take out the median by formula but not like this and also i dont know if i use the other one on the distributions.. honestly people im confused!! :(

J

Js1&OnLY

::wave: hi every1 .. i need help with a biostatistics problem... well it was in spanish so i dont know if i made a good job translating but they are asking me for the variance, my question is what formula am i supposed to use random variables or probability distribution or a sample :

~ the followin given data corresponds to the number of persons in thousands, that go to a hospital with 9 visit in a year, picking them random. find the variance of the population that was use to take out the sample

8.8 21.3 7.9 12.5 20.6 16.3 14.1 13.0 14.0

i was gonna use the variance of population but then i got stuck with the median.. i just know how to take out the median by formula but not like this and also i dont know if i use the other one on the distributions.. honestly people im confused!! :(
i think i needed to post it on probability???? :confused: