Intepretation of Results

Can someone help me interpret the following results or tell me how i can do it ? Need to explain these results in my thesis. I would be really thankful for any kind of help.
1579276921224.png

Karabiner

TS Contributor
Please, tell us something about this study first (topic, reserach questions, design for the data collection,
whcih variables were measured, how exactely were they measured, which statistical analyses were
performed).

And could you please do us a favour and not display 7 numbers after the decimal point, unless it
is necessary?

With kind regards

Karabiner

Research question: if the Memory of verbal information (e.g. a bunch of numbers) suffers from the presence of additional task-irrelevant verbal information (“irrelevant Speech”) and whether this irrelevant speech effect differs between bilinguals and monolinguals (group)

A mixed-factors 2 (Group: Monolingual or Bilingual) × 3 (Irrelevant Sound: German, Korean or noise) × 2 (modal: auditory or visual task) design was implemented with the last two factors being manipulated within subjects.

the following was the descriptive analysis to it.

1579297617992.png

Karabiner

TS Contributor
So you have a statistically significant group*sound*modality interaction (the effect of sound is different between groups, and this difference is different for auditory vs. visual), for group*modality (different effect of modality, depending on groups), and a main effect of sound. Do this results sufficiently relate to your research question? Your research question did not address modality, but different modalities are included, so I don't know what to do with it.

With kind regards

Karabiner

what do the different values indicate in each case? i am not sure if my hypothesis is correct in this case. i might have to alter it to add the modality to it. how would it then be?

if the Memory of verbal information (e.g. a bunch of numbers) suffers from the presence of additional task-irrelevant verbal information (“irrelevant Speech”) in auditory and visuals tasks and whether this irrelevant speech effect differs between bilinguals and monolinguals (group).

does this make sense?

Karabiner

TS Contributor
what do the different values indicate in each case? i am not sure if my hypothesis is correct in this case. i might have to alter it to add the modality to it. how would it then be?
These are questions regarding the theory behind the study. I don't know why you included modality,
and I am not familiar with your field of study, so unfortunately I cannot tell you what your hypotheses
should be. Moreover, adjusting hypotheses after the data analysis would ususally considered very
problematic.
if the Memory of verbal information (e.g. a bunch of numbers) suffers from the presence of additional task-irrelevant verbal information (“irrelevant Speech”) in auditory and visuals tasks and whether this irrelevant speech effect differs between bilinguals and monolinguals (group).
In each of the 4 group x modailty conditions, noise was associated with higher recall accuracy, and this effect
was increased in the bilingual/visual condition. Statistical significance is only associated with this three-way
interaction.

With kind regards

Karabiner