Jenks Natural Breaks for Two Parameters

Hi everyone!

I'm working on a research project where I'm using Jenk's Natural Breaks Algorithm to sort my the sizes of proteins into different classes. The problem is, it can only be run on a single value (eg the length of each protein - sorted into short, medium, and long proteins). I was wondering if there is an algorithm to sort it into classes using multiple variables? (eg the length and width - sorted into short and thin, short and thick, long and thin, long and thick). Is there a different algorithm or a way to modify Jenk's? Thank you!

hlsmith

Not a robit
Not familiar with Jenks. But say you have length and width value s plotted, so a scatterplot. Use can use unsupervised algorithms to find clusters in your data. If all variables are continuous but the units between them arent congruent, you may want to standardize variables. Algorithms include k-means nearest neighbor.

Not familiar with Jenks. But say you have length and width value s plotted, so a scatterplot. Use can use unsupervised algorithms to find clusters in your data. If all variables are continuous but the units between them arent congruent, you may want to standardize variables. Algorithms include k-means nearest neighbor.
Thank you!