Just a guy from Sweden

Hello fellow geniuses

I live in Sweden and have been a Software Engineer for more than 10 years now. I am starting to learn about statistics and probabilities to hopefully change jobs in the next few years as I am fed up with software engineering since its very slippery slope and changes all the time. I have read one book about data analysis and now reading a head first book about statistics and have learned quite a bit actually.

I just wanted to say hello and hope I can be a valuable member of this community.

thanks,

TheEcologist

Global Moderator
I'd say you were close to it TE. At least you know how to cook pasta, and you are a Mod and you are friends with Bryan!
Still not a genius, don't be fooled. I only sound smart because of these rules:

My four rules for sounding like an expert:

(1) Oversimplify your explanations to the point of uselessness.

(2) Finish with the precocious use of quasi-wisdom like sentences akin to "If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" & "There's a fine line between courage and foolishness. Too bad it's not a fence." or "Only a fool has no doubts."

(3) Later reply by pointing out second-order effects, but never point out when they can be ignored. Then refer to your precociously stated quasi-wisdom, adding to the impression that that is what you meant all along.

(4) Come up with four rules of your own.

But seriously, Welcome Molly to TS, where the mean is not-normal, and deviation standard.

TE