Just for laughs!

Ambassador to the humans
Hmm... I would think that on average you would either be in a lot of pain or at the very least terribly uncomfortable.

Ambassador to the humans
A guy walks into a sandwich shop and sees a sign that reads, "Home of the Meanest Grilled Cheese in Town." So he orders the grilled cheese. When his bill arrives the waitress asks him how he liked the sandwich. "Eh, it was about average."

TS Contributor
"I do a lot of travel on my job. There was a article in the newpaper that the chances of having a passenger on a plane with a bomb was one in a thousand. That seemed too high for comfort when you fly around a lot. Then I did a quick calculation and discovered that the probability of having two of them is one in a million. So I went out and got me a bomb."

TS Contributor
Finally, I understood what is the difference !!!! :D

(after: P.D. Ellis, The Essential Guide to Effect Sizes: Statistical Power, Meta-Analysis, and the Interpretation of Research Results, Cambridge 2010)
statistic student grabbed a coin, Flipped it in the air & said, “Head, I go to sleep.”Tail, I watch a movie. If it stands on the edge I’ll study.

Global Moderator

I'm trying to write a program with the new programming language chef designed by David Morgan-Mar in 2002.

It is the language that will replace the dinosaur languages like Fortran and C, and some say it is faster than assembly!

I would be really impressed if someone could help we write an eigensolver with chef, EISPACK is sooooo 1970ties.

Check the Hello World and Fibonacci Numbers example at the bottom of the page I link to above. This language is going to be the bomb!

Here is a video tutorial for programming a shotgun method that calculates different aspects of a 3d pastry torus.

Ambassador to the humans
A guy is flying in a hot air balloon and he's lost. So he lowers himself over a field and shouts to a guy on the ground:

"Can you tell me where I am, and which way I'm headed?" "Sure! You're at 43 degrees, 12 minutes, 21.2 seconds north; 123 degrees, 8 minutes, 12.8 seconds west. You're at 212 meters above sea level. Right now, you're hovering, but on your way in here you were at a speed of 1.83 meters per second at 1.929 radians"

"Thanks! By the way, are you a statistician?" "I am! But how did you know?"

"Everything you've told me is completely accurate; you gave me more detail than I needed, and you told me in such a way that it's no use to me at all!"

"Dang! By the way, are you a principal investigator?"

"Geeze! How'd you know that????"

"You don't know where you are, you don't know where you're going. You got where you are by blowing hot air, you start asking questions after you get into trouble, and you're in exactly the same spot you were a few minutes ago, but now, somehow, it's my fault!