Learning statistics through MOOC

Hi,

I have some knowledge of statistics thanks to my Bsc in Psychology - I did 2 psych modules (both were basically cognitive psychology experiments, I had to collect and analyse the data using SPSS and write a report). I enjoyed it so much that I even considered switching my majors to Maths/Stats but I was too close to reaching the end of my bachelors so I decided not to.

I'd like to learn more stats now and maybe even go for Msc in Statistics, however, I only took one full undergraduate mathematics module so I didn't have enough maths/stats content in my undergraduate degree to be able to apply for statistics Msc. Most universities say that personal circumstances will be considered if the entry requirements are not fulfilled so I was thinking of topping up my Psychology degree with MOOC in Statistics and seeing what happens.

I've got two questions: Do you think this would work or would I need to have some conversion diploma in Statistics (I'm in the UK)?

Also, can anyone suggest a MOOC pathway to follow? I took Statistics One on Coursera some years ago (which introduced me to R), but this time I'd prefer a MOOC pathway that is more detailed and not just an introduction to statistics/elementary statistics (although I'd definitely start with that anyway). There are many MOOCs out there, Udacity, Alison, Coursera, just to name a few, can anyone recommend a specific one?

Thank you.

I'm not sure how well recognised these courses are at the moment (in time i'm sure they will become recognised, there are some very good ones).

A better, though more expensive, bet might be the open university. They are recognised, and well respected in many places.

If you are in London you could try applying straight for an MSc at Birkbeck college - if you don't quite fulfil entry requirements you can sit an entrance exam to try to get in (though i've heard its quite tough).

I'm not sure how well recognised these courses are at the moment (in time i'm sure they will become recognised, there are some very good ones).

A better, though more expensive, bet might be the open university. They are recognised, and well respected in many places.

If you are in London you could try applying straight for an MSc at Birkbeck college - if you don't quite fulfil entry requirements you can sit an entrance exam to try to get in (though i've heard its quite tough).
Which ones would you say are the better ones? I'm going through the Intro to Statistics on Udacity at the moment but it is too basic, I need something that will go more in depth. I also signed up to the Data Scientist's Toolbox course on Coursera, this will hopefully give me a good knowledge of R. I have used SPSS in the past and I can do a little bit of programming in Python, so I do think I have something to build up on and hopefully do the Msc in future - since basically all jobs require at least a first degree in the subject or masters. Psychology degree seems to put everyone off even though I'd say I acquired a good statistical knowledge thanks to that. It wasn't all soft science, we did some hard stuff as well :) I can't really do another Bsc, it's just too expensive, which is why I'm trying to see if there is a way to do Msc.

As for the Open University, they got quite expensive in the recent years. I have thought about taking the statistics course with them but I can't spend 2500 pounds on 60 credit course, at least not now.

I'm not in London, I was more looking at distance Msc, there are few that do distance Msc in Statistics.

Once again, thank you for replying.