Linear regression with repeated measures

Hi, I have the following question:
I have a dataset that contains data from 9 subjects that were tested twice for a couple variables. I try to do a linear (multiple) regression on the data, but I understand that it is not ok to simply pool the data.

If I average the two measurements, there is no chance for significant correlations. I tested the repeated measurements for pearson correlation, but found no significant R for any, thus it would almost appear as if the data is more independent than perhaps expected from the way it was obtained.

Is there a way to correct for the repeated measures without using an average i.e. could I change the df or other variables to accommodate for this?

P

pad1w07@soton.ac.uk

Hi, I have the following question:
I have a dataset that contains data from 9 subjects that were tested twice for a couple variables. I try to do a linear (multiple) regression on the data, but I understand that it is not ok to simply pool the data.

If I average the two measurements, there is no chance for significant correlations. I tested the repeated measurements for pearson correlation, but found no significant R for any, thus it would almost appear as if the data is more independent than perhaps expected from the way it was obtained.

Is there a way to correct for the repeated measures without using an average i.e. could I change the df or other variables to accommodate for this?

you can use pooled OLS ( multiple regression) on panel data, but it is usually not optimal, try using fixed effects or random effects

FAST5

Why isn't pooled OLS optimal? If you control for serial correlation and heteroskedasticity (robust command in stata) is pooled OLS still preferred over random effects?