Meaning of T-Ratio and parameter standard error in HLM analysis

Hello. I've recently used an Hierachical Linear Modeling (HLM aka mixed modeling) analysis method to look at some data. I'm only just beginning to grasp what's going on with this type of analysis and I've got a couple questions. I would like to know what the significance of the error term and the T-ratio is in an HLM analysis and I am having difficulty relating what these statistics mean in the context of HLM. I've attached a picture to help relate if necessary. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance-

Last edited:

Dragan

Super Moderator
Hello. I've recently used an Hierachical Linear Modeling (HLM aka mixed modeling) analysis method to look at some data. I'm only just beginning to grasp what's going on with this type of analysis and I've got a couple questions. I would like to know what the significance of the error term and the T-ratio is in an HLM analysis and I am having difficulty relating what these statistics mean in the context of HLM. I've attached a picture to help relate if necessary. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance-

In this case, it's similar to a multiple regression analyisis. That is , the t-statistics are equal to the coefficients/stderrors and that the associated estimated weights are statistically significant - with the exception of RK@Release p=0.32.