Mediation HELP - SIMPLE WAY OF DOING MEDIATION?

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some help with mediation? Ideally for some very simple instructions? My dissertation is due next week and never done stats/logistic regression before...

I have attached the results of my spss output. I don't know which data to use and what values.

Many thanks!!!

Attachments

hlsmith

Not a robit
Are you able to draw out your proposed mediation model using a directed acyclic graph. Also, I have asked before, but are these multilevel data?

Karabiner

TS Contributor
Hi everyone,

I am looking for some help with mediation? Ideally for some very simple instructions? My dissertation is due next week and never done stats/logistic regression before...

I have attached the results of my spss output. I don't know which data to use and what values.

Many thanks!!!
Maybe you should ask a professional statistics consultant. Plenty of them can be found on the net, I suppose.
If you've just got 1 week, then discussions in a web forum will possibly cost you too much time.

With kind regards

Karabiner

Are you able to draw out your proposed mediation model using a directed acyclic graph. Also, I have asked before, but are these multilevel data?
Yes, it is a multilevel data.

Not sure, what 'directed acyclic graphs' but anything easy to compare the impact of one variable to another?

Between the variables:

Access to HE (depedent variable) = Father education+ gender+ ethnicity + books at home

Which values do is use to perform a mediation?

Thank you for your help

hlsmith

Not a robit
How much do you know about mediation and do you believe it exists in you study or are you just looking to see if it exists. If latter, you shouldn't examine for it unless you know what it is and have sound reason to think it exists. I think you need some more background knowledge on mediation analyses and your topic before moving forward.

Last edited: