multiple cox regression with categorical variable

I performed multivariable cox regression. One variable is categorical with 3 potential values. Behind the reference category there is only a p-value but no hazard ratio. Is this p value kind of a global p-value for this variable?

It is a bis complicated since one p-value for the non-reference values is significant and one isnt. So a global p-value would be nice.

Attachments

Last edited:

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Did you put it in as a categorical variable? How does the program know it is a categorical variable?

Multivariate means more than one dependent variable. Multiple cox regression means more than one independent variable!

Did you put it in as a categorical variable? How does the program know it is a categorical variable?

Multivariate means more than one dependent variable. Multiple cox regression means more than one independent variable!
-> Well, yes of course i defined it as categorical.

-> Well, "multiple cox regression" would be correct then (I edited the original post - hope it's correct now).

Last edited:

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Not familiar with the program output you provided. I would look at the documentation for the program you used. I guess that it could be a global test given the values and degrees of freedom, the software docs should tell you exactly.