Multiple Regression and type of DV

Nani

I supposedly have to conduct a Multiple Regression where the DV must be continuous (isn't it?).
My DV is called Job Performance = supervisor ratings of employee performance. Scores range from 1= very poor performance to 10= very excellent performance.

Is this a discrete variable? Or can I consider it an interval variable (and thereby continuous)?
(Sorry it is probably a basic question but it has been driving me crazy for 3 hours now).

vinux

Dark Knight
I supposedly have to conduct a Multiple Regression where the DV must be continuous (isn't it?).
Nope. See the ANOVA model or dummy variables literature.
Is this a discrete variable? Or can I consider it an interval variable (and thereby continuous)?
(Sorry it is probably a basic question but it has been driving me crazy for 3 hours now).
You could take it as a continuous variable if you think scores are in linear fashion. OR If you have more observation take it as 9 dummy variables, like score10 = 1 if score=1 and 0 otherwise ... score2=1 if score=2 and 0 otherwise.(If you get the coefficients of dummies shows either increasing or decreasing trend, then you are safe. Otherwise the interpretation is difficult).