My URL in my signature file

I am not being permitted to post the URL to my website in my signature file. Part of my URL is the same as my user name. I keep getting the message that this word (that is the same as my user name) is censored. What can I do?
Thanks,
Steve

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
The Forum Rules state:
We have zero tolerance for spam. We do not allow any kind of advertising in forum posts. Forum signature link is disabled in Talk Stats Forum. We reserve the right to remove any post or user account without warning. If anyone tries to advertise in forum posts, they will be permanently banned from using Talk Stats Forum.
It looks like since you seem to be an actual contributing member that quark just censored statistics\(\hspace{.1cm}\)doc so that the links wouldn't actually work (I'm pretty good at getting around those word filters though...). I'm not sure that's the best way to go about it but it is part of the rules that advertising inside signatures isn't allowed. I'm sure if you modified the signature into something else that quark would uncensor your username.

Thanks mvc. Funny, the FAQ also states that you can include a link to your webpage in your signature. I guess they mean your talk stats webpage. I will try changing my sig and see what happens.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Thanks mvc. Funny, the FAQ also states that you can include a link to your webpage in your signature.
You're right.

http://www.talkstats.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_signatures_avatars

That does appear to be an inconsistency. I guess we'll just have to wait for quark to view this and hopefully modify the rules and/or the FAQ to be more clear on what is and isn't allowed. Note that it might take a little while for your username to be uncensored even after you change your signature.

I guess if people can recognize my username they can follow my posts even if in other ways I remain the Phantom Statistician.

I even asked about paying for ads, but no-one replied. I guess they do not give a *************!

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I guess if people can recognize my username they can follow my posts even if in other ways I remain the Phantom Statistician.

I even asked about paying for ads, but no-one replied. I guess they do not give a *************!
Just give it a little while. quark (the admin) hasn't been able to check around here as often lately but he'll make his way back and get back to you.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
It looks like we can say your name statisticsdoc. I guess that makes me the forumite that lived or Dasondore. Take your pick.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I don't actually see an avatar. I see that you have a profile pic but that can be completely different from one's avatar.

trinker

ggplot2orBust
Yes take Dason's for instance. It's a silly dog that looks better than he does. I think gravatar is helpful for avatars but I don't believe it's necessary for one on talkstats.