Need Help Determining Analysis for Likert Scale Data

Hello,

I need help determining what analysis to run. I have 2 independent variables (a control and experimental condition) with 4 dependent variables (one scale with 4 subscales, each of which I assume should be treated as a dependent variable.)

This is Likert data (ordinal) so I thought I would be running some form of ordinal regression, but I cannot find one that accommodates 4 dependent variables. I know there is some debate as to whether I can run something like a MANOVA on Likert data, but I rather be true to my data type.

Thanks in advance

This is a question that has been asked many many times and also answered many times.

Please help me with this by searching this site and linking to the answers. You can help other users just like you want help. You can link to the thread by copying the url and inserting it in the "Insert Link" box.

EDIT: No, the search function does not work. You will need to manually look at many threads. (I am too lazy to do that. And why should I?) The person who want to have help could do an effort.

Last edited:
The search function does not work for me on this website, I've tried on multiple devices and cannot search the site at all. That's why I made a posting in the first place. If you know the answer would you be so kind as to offer it?

Karabiner

TS Contributor
This is Likert data (ordinal)
Seemingly, you have Likert scales, each consisting of several Likert-type items? Treating such Likert scales as interval scaled data is quite common.

With kind regards

Karabiner

I had to do a 2 group comparison using Likert data - used a two-tailed t-test in exel, you will need the means SDs, DF, I know there is debate about how to compare likert data - but this got me past a couple of professors so it wasn't completely the wrong thing to do.

I too have a problem searching on this cite, I continually get back the message - page not found???

Ah - I see above that the search function does not work - woops, didn't see that - thanks