Need help finding sampling error

Greetings!
I have this sampling problem where i am given the population of 1545 vehicles and their age. Without any further info apart from 95% CI I am being asked to find the sampling error and sample size. How is this possible?
Thank you!

Greetings!
I have this sampling problem where i am given the population of 1545 vehicles and their age. Without any further info apart from 95% CI I am being asked to find the sampling error and sample size. How is this possible?
Thank you!
It is not possible.
There is no question, you need a question or hypothesis.
Even then, nobody knows the sampling error.
alpha is the allowed sampling error/P accepting Ha when Ho is true; but nobody knows THE sampling error. Just lke we never know mu.

You need more info, including a question or Ho..

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Many times in these scenarios it is best if you post a picture of the question, in case something has been lost in your presentation. Can you also provide the context of whom is asking the question or what it is for?

Ιt is in greek so i will post a picture and the direct translation from google translate.
Screenshot_2.jpg
Translation:
1) FILE EXPLANATIONS "Case Study 2020" This file contains the prices of nine (9) variables for a population of 1545 vehicles used for long-distance international passenger transport for a specific year in a European country. (The excel file with the data)
2) (1) Assuming that it performs a simple random sampling: (a) Determine the magnitude of the sampling error. (b) Determine the required sample size that ensures the desired degree of accuracy, at a 95% confidence level.

I too think it is impossible, but thats what the problem asks!

obh

Generally, the sample size depends on the confidence level and on the MOE (Margin Of Error) that you want to achieve.
So you also need to define the required MOE
Confidence Interval = Estimate value ± MOE

Code:
n = (Z_(1-α/2) *σ/MOE)^2

Last edited: