NEED HELP on degrees of freedom!!!! URGENT

Hello! I have finished my regression project and am writing my paper for a multiple regression model, but cannot seem to find in notes or online which degrees of freedom to use for a multiple regression, when observing the t-table: is it the regression or the residual? I am under the impression it is the regression d.f. but i need to make sure! please respond ASAP i appreciate the help!

dshan

Dragan

Super Moderator
Hello! I have finished my regression project and am writing my paper for a multiple regression model, but cannot seem to find in notes or online which degrees of freedom to use for a multiple regression, when observing the t-table: is it the regression or the residual? I am under the impression it is the regression d.f. but i need to make sure! please respond ASAP i appreciate the help!

dshan
No, it would be the residual df.

okay, so even when looking at each independent variable, i would use the t-table for each w/ D.F. of the total analysis? thank you!!

Dragan

Super Moderator
okay, so even when looking at each independent variable, i would use the t-table for each w/ D.F. of the total analysis? thank you!!
If you're testing the significance of each independent variable, then you would use the same critical value of t using the df associated with Residual (sums of squares).