Need help with Crosstabs output!

Hello,

I know this is basic stats, but I'm struggling with producing the output my supervisor desires in Crosstabs.

We have two sets of data for two different years (i.e. 2010 and 2018); 100 of the cases are the same for both years, 80 are 2010 only, and 120 are 2018 only. I've merged the datasets into one whole database.

He wants me to product side by side comparison outputs (i.e year is column and variables are rows) for each of the variables (categorical), to see the differences in the datasets (years) on each variable.

So what I'm having trouble with is figuring out how to account for the overlap between the cases in each set. I have one variable that distinguishes between survey respondents in 2010, 2018, and in both years, but that's not the appropriate variable to use to create the columns. I don't know what I'm missing...surely it must be possible to produce this kind of output with this dataset, or he wouldn't be asking?

Initially I understood he wanted just basic descriptives for each year and then to interpret the data, but he insists he wants to see the data in a Crosstabs style output.

Any insights GREATLY appreciated.