New Member Introduction

:wave: Hello all,

New member and full time college student here from state of Michigan. I am currently working on finishing up my bachelor's and just started my first and hopefully last (no offense) stats class a last week. I discovered this forum when I was looking up the difference between Random Sampling and Simple Random Sampling online. I understand random sampling but I have yet to get a good grasp on simple random sampling, I just don't get how the two are different :confused:.

Anyways, I have never really been that great at math or science, so stats will most likely prove to be a challenge for me. You will probably see a decent amount of questions posted by me in the Statistics forum over the next couple months. I greatly appreciate any help that will be offered.

Thanks,

Hi there,
I'm also new to this forum :rolleyes:

about simple random sampling:

"In statistics, a simple random sample is a subset of individuals (a sample) chosen from a larger set (a population). Each individual is chosen randomly and entirely by chance, such that each individual has the same probability of being chosen at any stage during the sampling process, and each subset of k individuals has the same probability of being chosen for the sample as any other subset of k individuals (Yates, Daniel S.; David S. Moore, Daren S. Starnes (2008). The Practice of Statistics, 3rd Ed.. Freeman. ISBN 978-0-7167-7309-2.). This process and technique is known as simple random sampling, and should not be confused with Random Sampling."

I find this in Wikipedia.I think it describes concept of simple random sampling very clear and no mathematical formula .

I am also new bird on this nest of financial and staistics gurus, my knowledge about Stats and financial economics is absolutely zero, i want to learn and that is my only objective :)

Link

Ninja say what!?!
I think that simple random sampling just means that every obs has the same probability (though I'd want to look it up to be sure).

I have the same idea as "Link"
there lots of way for sampling
the most easiest ine is simple random sampling that every one in the population have the same chance for being in the sample