noetsi

Fortran must die
I just joined. I lack the depth of knowledge people have here - I run statistical data at work (just started a master's in measurement and statistics, but I have a long way to go).

Its fascinating reading the material, even if a lot of it is way beyond me.:D

trinker

ggplot2orBust
noetsi said:
I lack the depth of knowledge people have here ... Its fascinating reading the material, even if a lot of it is way beyond me.
I am in the same club but by reading and following up on more knowledgable member's posts your learning will grow rather quickly.

Welcome aboard noetsi. What is your educational background with stats? Interests?

noetsi

Fortran must die
I am in the same club but by reading and following up on more knowledgable member's posts your learning will grow rather quickly.

Welcome aboard noetsi. What is your educational background with stats? Interests?
The answer is a bit amusing. I spent much of my life in academics (I have a doctorate in public administration and masters in that and political science). But I did relatively little quantitative analysis - most of the stats I know I read in various publications. Until this master's.

Sort of sad you can spend that much time in academics and still know relatively little statistics. But this program, measurement and statistics, is really great even though I sometimes look really silly to professors I am sure.

I love any type of data analysis with pretty much any method.