New to the Crew

FFA

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

My experience encompasses 15 years in the nuclear industry working as a scientist. My degree is in physics and my interest related to statistics is in uncertainty analysis of physical process and laboratory measurements, Monte Carlo as it relates to particle transport, and ARIMA time series modeling. My statistical programming language of choice is R and also I have experience with SAS.

I'm a dad of five and married for 17 years. My hobbies are woodworking, mineral collecting, and audio. I have worked and lived in several cites and states across the US. They range from Honolulu Hawaii to Hartford Connecticut.

Last edited:

bugman

Super Moderator
Welcome FFA!

:Welcome:

I am an audio fan too!

I have also taken up very basic woodwork (limited by experience and tools).

Nice to have you on board!

FFA

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Here are few wood working pictures and my latest tube amp build. I'm hooked on wood working and audio. I am so busy I don't really have time to pursue the way I would like. Science and math has treated me good. I have my fingers crossed on a early retirement so I can pursue them more.

Last edited:

hlsmith

Not a robit
You have to figure out a way to mineral encrusted those speakers then you would have the holy Trinity of projects.

Thanks for the mini bio!

bugman

Super Moderator
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Here are few wood working pictures and my latest tube amp build. I'm hooked on wood working and audio. I am so busy I don't really have time to pursue the way I would like. Science and math has treated me good. I have my fingers crossed on a early retirement so I can pursue them more.
very nice.