Normal Distribution?

D7882

I have a fairly large sample size of tenants and their average length of stay. When I try to put the data into a histogram, I don't seem to get a normally distributed data set because there is a large number of tenants that stay a short time period and then I have another large number of tenants that have stayed for a very long time. The distribution looks binomial. I tried to adjust the bins but the difference between the short term tenants and long term tenants is vastly different.
Here is what I get when I do a Descriptive Statistics with excel:
Mean 391
Median 160
Mode 30
Standard Deviation 653
Sample Variance 426978
Kurtosis 23
Skewness 4
Range 8506
Minimum 8
Maximum 8514
Count 56955
Confidence Level (95%) 5

What sort of other statistical research tools can I use for a sample size that shows a binomial distribution, in order to expand my analysis?

For example, I would like to find if there is a correlation with the Price the tenants pay and their length of stay.
Or if the size of the discount the tenants received would cause them to stay longer?

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Miner

TS Contributor
The correct term is bimodal. Try finding the factor(s) that explains why there are two distinct groups. That may or may not be a factor within your control (e.g., starting a family and needing a larger place) . If it is in your control, use it to move more from one group to the other. If it is not, look for these correlations within each group, not across the entire sample.