Null Hypothesis for OR

I got this question:

"In the background for this study, the authors mentioned that “Data from the Sleep Heart Health Study (Baldwin et al., 2001) showed that severe sleep-disordered breathing was associated with poorer role physical, general health vitality, and social functioning scores (odds ratio [OR], 1.47-1.54; p < .01)”.

I need to Present the null hypothesis (H0) and the alternate hypothesis (HA) for the odds ratio.

I was under the impression that the null hypothesis is OR=0, which means no relationship...but my professor insist that there is a way to present the H0 in a simple mathemathical notation......

Please help, I'm stuck!!!

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

Last edited:
I read the last sticky threads posted and didn't want to give the impression that I didn't try to answer - I'm a hard worker but I'm puzzles about this one...
Here is my solution for the problem, which didn't satisfy my professor. Would love to get hints or help!!!

H0 - Patients with severe sleep disorder breathing have odds ratio of 1 to have poor role physical, general health vitality, and social functioning in comparison to patient who have milder or no sleep disorder breathing. Odds Ratio of 1 means no relationship.
HA - Patients with severe sleep disorder breathing are 1.19, 1.56, 1.53, and 1.47 times more likely to have poor role physical, general health, vitality, and social functioning respectively, in comparison to patient who have milder or no sleep disorder breathing.

Thanks a lot!!!!!